We are looking for a diverse set of candidates that have performed well in school and are from low-income households. Here are some guidelines to decide if a Sixup loan is right for you:
Basic Eligibility (things that MUST be true about you):
- You are a resident in Texas, West Virginia, Nebraska, Arkansas, North Carolina, Florida, Oregon, Virginia, and New Mexico
- You have admission into a four-year institution
- You are enrolled full-time in a four-year institution (or in the process of transferring to a four-year institution)
- You are a US citizen or permanent resident
- You are high-achieving with strong academic performance (2.5 GPA or higher)
- You are a Pell grantee, first generation college student or other underserved student.
- You have completed FAFSA and accepted all financial aid and work study offered to you.
- You have a minimum need of $2,500 and maximum need of $15,000 per academic year.
- You meet one of the following three student profiles:
- In-college: student of 4-year colleges with a remaining financing gap after maximizing federal, state and institutional aid, scholarships and work study.
- Transfer: student transferring from a 2-year college to a 4-year college.
- Incoming first year: incoming first year student who needs some extra financing to fill the gap