We are looking for a diverse set of candidates that have performed well in school and are from low-income households. Here are some guidelines to decide if a Sixup loan is right for you:
Basic Eligibility (things that MUST be true about you):
- You are a resident in Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, or West Virginia.
- You are an undergraduate student or will be one at the time of the loan.
- You have admission to, or are enrolled full-time, in a four-year, non-profit, Title IV institution.
- You are a US citizen or permanent resident.
- You are over 18 years of age (or the age of majority in your state)
- You are high-achieving with strong academic performance.
- You are a Pell grantee, first generation college student or other underserved student.
- You have completed FAFSA and accepted all financial aid and work study offered to you.
- You have a minimum need of $2,500 and maximum need of $15,000 per academic year.
- You meet one of the following three student profiles:
- In-college: student of 4-year colleges with a remaining financing gap after maximizing federal, state and institutional aid, scholarships and work study.
- Transfer: student transferring from a 2-year college to a 4-year college.
- Incoming first year: incoming first year student who needs some extra financing to fill the gap