Here are some guidelines to decide if a Sixup loan is right for you. Please be aware that these are our minimum requirements, but we cannot confirm if we can offer you a loan or not until our evaluation of your completed application.
- You are a resident in a state we lend in
- You are a student or will be one at the time of the loan pursuing an undergraduate degree (not a certificate)
- You have admission to, or are enrolled full-time, in a four-year, non-profit, Title IV institution
- You are a US citizen or permanent resident
- You are 18 years of age (or the age of majority in your state).
- Your GPA is a 3.0 or higher and you're meeting your school's SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress) policy
- Have completed FAFSA and accepted all financial aid/awards
- Have a minimum need of $2,500 (must exceed $3,000 for Georgia residents and $5,000 for residents of California)
- Not exceed the maximum loan amount of $15,000 from Sixup per academic year
- Meet one of the following three student profiles:
- In-college: student of 4-year colleges (no for-profit schools eligible) with a remaining financing gap after maximizing federal, state and institutional aid, scholarships and work study
- Transfer: student transferring from a 2-year college to a 4-year college (no for-profit schools eligible)
- Incoming first year: incoming first year student who needs some extra financing to fill the gap