As you may know, loans have a set of “terms” that define the loan. Here’s the info on the Sixup loan:
- Interest Rates: 5.44% - 9.49% (5.384% - 8.969% APR). We have variable (changes over time) and fixed rates.
- Origination Fee: 1% (there is a fee of 1% of your total loan to cover costs. That means, if you accept a $5,000 loan, there is a $50 fee)
- Other Fees. Late charges of 4% of the past due amount, not to exceed $30 (none in OR); returned payment fee of $25 (none in NC and WV); collection and default charges in the event of a default, as permitted under applicable law.
- Loan Amounts: Minimum loan of $2,500, maximum of $15,000 per academic year (must exceed $3,000 for Georgia residents).
- Early Flat Payments: During School and six month after, pay $20.00 per month with higher payments thereafter.*
* For a $10,000 loan, assuming you make 54 payments of $20 a month for an academic deferment period of 48 months of school plus 6 months, you will then make 120 monthly payments of $172.42, paying a total of $21,770.40, assuming the highest possible rate of 9.49%.
Rates subject to change.